The International Foundation for Gender Education is requesting presentation and workshop proposals for its upcoming 2009 IFGE Conference. The event will be held 04-07 February 2009 at the Alexandria Hilton at Mark Centre, in Alexandria VA, and is being hosted by the Transgender Education Association (TGEA) of Washington DC, in coalition with other groups in the mid Atlantic region. The theme for this year's gathering is: "Working Together for Change."
This year are giving priority to presentations on the following themes:
* Issues impacting Transgender Youth, and Children of Trans Parents
* Issues impacting Transgender Elders
* Issues and concerns of FTMs (We are reserving a full track for FTMs)
* Issues and concerns of Crossdressers
* Transgender Health, Medicine and Legal Concerns
* TGs in Relationships - for Significant Others, Couples & Individuals with or without partners
* Changing the perception of Transgender People through Education.
* Creating unity in the Transgender Community
New ideas, new topics and new faces are also of strong interest. We will be holding special panel discussions for the benefit of students, researchers and educators to learn more about the trans community. (Student registrations rates will be available.)
Presenters and panel moderators will receive a $100 discount on any conference registration package. Registration information is available online at http://www.ifge.org/register .
If you are interested in presenting, please submit your proposal as soon as possible to insure space and schedule availability, but no later than 30 September 2008. Use the online Program Proposal Form on our web site http://www.ifge.org/conference .
Your proposal must include a short biography and any A/V needs. If it is for a panel, the moderator should submit the proposal and list the names and pertinent information (as to addresses, etc.), and provide bios for the other panel members. If this panel information is omitted from this initial proposal it may not be included in the program book.
If you have additional questions regarding your proposal, please contact Alison Laing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing:
PO BOX 540229
WALTHAM MA 02454-0229